William H. "Skeet" Fletcher & Velma Lucille Johnson -- 723243
HUSBAND: FLETCHER, William H. "Skeet"
BIRTH DATE: - - PLACE:
MARR. DATE: 02-Oct-1948 PLACE: Huntertown, Allen County, Indiana
DEATH DATE: - - PLACE:
FATHER: FLETCHER, ? MOTHER: ?
WIFE: JOHNSON, Velma Lucille
BIRTH DATE: 04-Dec-1928 PLACE: Eel River Twp., Allen County, Indiana
DEATH DATE: 23-Jan-1999 PLACE: Fort Wayne, Allen County, Indiana
BURIAL PLACE: Riverview Cemetery, Allen County, Indiana
FATHER: JOHNSON, Floyd E.  MOTHER: DECKER, Eileen
1) FLETCHER, Rex W. 7232431 b. ca. 1949 md. ?, Ruth
2) FLETCHER, Robert A. 7232432 b. ca. 1951 md. ?, Kathy
3) FLETCHER, Marla Jean 7232433 md. GORDON, Paul
4) FLETCHER, Sharon 7232434 b. ca. 1956 md. EMINGER, Craig
5) FLETCHER, Tony 7232434 b. after 1962 not married
1954: East St., Churubusco, Phone 2771 - William, Mrs. Velma, Rex, Bobbie & Marla
- he worked at Dressmaker Shop in Fort Wayne, the children were all under school age
- (Directory Service Inc. City Directory 1954 Columbia City/South Whitley/Churubusco p.182)
1960: 221 East St., Churubusco - William (says "Flicker" instead of "Fletcher"), Mrs. Velma Lucille, Rex, Robert, Marla & Sharon
- he worked at Harlan Builder Supply in Harlan, Rex & Robert were students and Marla & Sharon were under school age
- (Directory Service Inc. 1960 City Directory of Columbia City/South Whitley/Churubusco p.141)
1962: 221 East St., Churubusco, William H., Mrs. Velma L., Rex W. (age 12), Robert A. (age 9), Marla J. (age 7), & Sharon (age 5)
- he worked at Dana in Fort Wayne
- (Directory Service Inc. 1962 City Directory of Columbia City/South Whitley/Churubusco p.154)
OBITUARY: Columbia City (IN) Post & Mail of Mon. 25-Jan-1999
Velma Fletcher, 70
December 4, 1928 - January 23, 1999
Velma Fletcher, 70, a Churubusco resident, died at 3:30 p.m. Saturday, January 23, 1999, at Parkview Hospital in Fort Wayne.
She had been in declining health for the past five years and had entered the hospital on Friday.
Born December 4, 1928, in Eel River Township in Allen County, she was a daughter of Floyd and Eileen Decker Johnson.
As a young girl, the family moved to Churubusco and she was educated in the Churubusco schools.
On October 2, 1948, in Huntertown, she was united in marriage to William H. "Skeet" Fletcher.
She was a member of Churubusco Church of the Nazarene, its Sunshine Sunday School class and was chairperson of the church's Flower Fund for years.
Surviving relatives include her husband, William "Skeet" Fletcher;
two daughters and sons-in-law Marla and Paul Gordon, Churubusco;
and Sharon and Craig Eminger, LaOtto;
two sons and daughters-in-law, Rex and Ruth Fletcher, Bloomington;
and Robert and Kathy Fletcher, Huntertown; another son, Tony Fletcher, Churubusco;
and six grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a brother, Kenneth Johnson, and a sister, Virginia Kimmel.
The funeral service is at 10 a.m. Wednesday at Churubusco Church of the Nazarene, with Pastors
Paul D. White and Michael Harper, officiating.
Visitation is from 6 to 8 p.m. today and 2 to 8 p.m. Tuesday at Sheets Funeral Home in Churubusco.
Burial is at Riverview Cemetery, south of Churubusco.
For those who wish, memorials may be made to her church.
Zolman Genealogy Main Page
02/09/99 - SAH